We have an apartment!

Moments before we left for the airport last Tuesday, we received a phone call from the landlords of our top apartment, telling us that we could have it.

While WriterMan talked to them about the logistics of getting the lease signed (via email, once we were back in Vermont), I danced around the hotel room and Youngest looked glum. At twelve, it's hard to understand the value of sticking to a somewhat arbitrary budget, and he really liked the budget-busting option.

I am relieved to have the question settled, in part because I was not looking forward to the pressure of picking out an apartment on my own, which was our backup plan. It also helps in the decluttering process to be able to picture the space where we will be living and the amount of storage available to us there.

I'll share more about our new space once we are there. For now, I'll just say that it is one floor of a house in a quiet neighborhood.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rice and beans, day 31

Rice and beans, day 86: Ten Things of Thankful edition

Rice and beans, day 185